Rainbow Riches Pick N Mix
Rainbow Riches Pick ‘n’ Mix is a popular online slots game. This game was developed by the iconic British gaming company, Barcrest. This release is a sequel to the original Rainbow Riches game, which was released in 2006. This original game went on to become one of the world’s most famous 2019 slot games. Pick ‘n’ Mix is, as the original game, based around a theme of Irish luck. The symbols on the reels are all based loosely on this theme.
Like in the original game, there are five reels, three rows and 20 pay lines. Like the previous game, the reels are bordered with gold plating. In this article, we will give you a more detailed review of this well-known game. We will deep dive, and discover a little more about Barcrest, and some of the other games they produce, too. If you do decide this game isn't for you, be sure to deposit for 500 Starburst spins, that might be more along your lines.
Gameplay on Rainbow Riches Slots
If you have played the original Rainbow Riches then the screen in this sequel will look pretty familiar to you. The reels are set in a golden picture frame in front of a green, cartoon Irish landscape. The graphics, as in the original game, are pretty simple and basic looking, and there are very few symbols on the reels, at least in the base game. Letters and numbers are used as the game’s lower value symbols, and you will see 10, J, K and A on the reels.
There are other symbols, of course, that are more valuable and well worth looking out for. The game’s wild symbol is a large gold coin. The wild can substitute any other symbols on the reels. It can be utilised to create winning combinations with the other symbols. Although, it cannot take the form of the scatter.
Before the game begins, you are asked to choose three from five possible bonuses. The lower the number of bonuses you choose, the more chance there is of that bonus being triggered during the game. During play, though, you can alter your selections by using the reset bonus button. The bonuses are triggered by receiving three or four of your selected bonus symbols.
Here are the five bonus games and their symbols:
- Road to Riches. This game is triggered when you spin in sufficient numbers of the winking leprechaun bonus symbol. You have to spin a wheel of fortune to pick up multipliers of various sizes that can boost your winnings.
- Pots of Gold. This bonus feature comes into play when you spin in three or more of the pots of the gold symbol. A pot is chosen at random. It will contain a multiplier that will be applied to your stake.
- Free Spins. When the Free Spins symbol appearing on the reels will award you up to 30 bonus spins. This depends on the number of symbols that appear, and on which reels they appear.
- Cash Crop. The symbol that triggers this feature is the smiling leprechaun. And, if you receive three or four of this symbol spin in on the reels you are taken to a screen of gold coins. Here there will be prizes and stake multipliers which will be awarded to you.
- Magic Toadstool. If three or four of the toadstool symbols appear on the reels you will be rewarded. You will get the chance to pick three prizes from a possible 24. You can win a multiplier, or a fairy will appear and give you some extra prizes.
Developers of Rainbow Riches Slot
Barcrest is a well-known games developer which was founded in the United Kingdom. The name will be very familiar to anyone who spent their youth playing games in arcades. Barcrest was a manufacturer of cabinet-based slots games and fruit machines. Their products were present in many clubs, pubs, casinos and arcades up and down Britain.
Barcrest was originally formed in 1968. As the company expanded during the 1970s, 80s and 90s. The began creating online slot games during the 1990s to 2000s. However, during this time, British regulations stipulated that online casino slot games must require skill to win. Barcrest adjusted their products to stay within the regulations.
In 2006, the game ‘Rainbow Riches’ was released, this game became one of the internet’s most popular games. If you love playing slots online, the chances are good that you will have enjoyed this game already.
Five years after the release of Rainbow Riches, in 2011, American conglomerate SG Gaming acquired Barcrest. SG acquired a number of other digital gaming brands at that time too. Barcrest retains its British connections, though, as it still has offices in Manchester. There are many high-quality online slots games from Barcrest, and you can find many of their titles at your favourite online casino.
Some other Barcrest games:
- Legend of the Pharaohs
- King of the Aztecs
- King’s Honour
- Moon Shadow
Final Review of Rainbow Riches Pick n Mix
This game is an updated version of a game that is regarded as one of the stone-cold classics of the online slots world. This game takes the great aspects of the original Rainbow Riches and expands upon it. The gameplay has been taken to a new level. This is especially true of the bonus features. There are two more bonuses featured in this game, than in the original version of Rainbow Riches. Those extra bonus features provide you with plenty of entertainment, as well as the chance to win some good prizes.
The way that the game gives you the chance to choose from a selection of bonus options before you play is also innovative and interesting. All in all, this is a great online slots game that you should make a point of looking out for in your favourite online UK casino. Be sure to also check out Fluffy Favourites Slot.